Wednesday 14 December 2016

That Time My Fibroid Almost Killed Me - Day 6

Day 6...or as I like to call it...the day from Hell.

By day 6, I was ready for this nightmare to be over.  I had two appointments this day, one 45 minutes in to Kamloops for an Ultrasound at the Royal Inland Hospital and then an hours drive back to my family doctor in Ashcroft.

This was the day when I was really feeling the worst.  I could barely take 5 steps without wanting to pass out.  My neighbour was coming over to get me to take me to my appointments.  I managed to muster up enough strength to get dressed and grab a couple of bottles of water which I needed to drink before my ultrasound.

As I left the house, my eyes could not adjust to the light.  Everything looked really weird.  I hadn't really seen the outside since Sunday, so I figured they would adjust.  I grabbed my sun glasses before I headed into the neighbours truck.

On the way in to the hospital, my stomach started to feel like I was going to get diarrhoea.  Just what I needed, something else going on in my body.  I managed to drink the 1 L of water I needed for the ultrasound on the way to the hospital.  By the time we got to the hospital, I could barely take 10 steps without stopping for a break.  We went in to the waiting room and just sat...for an an extra hour.  So not only did I have to hold the water for one hour, I had to hold it for a second hour because they were running late, and on top of that I was getting sick to my stomach.

After being there for about my neighbour had asked when I was getting in as I was feeling very sick.  They told her I was the next person.  After about 5 more people went in, I was getting super upset and could not hold it anymore.  I had asked one of the ultrasound techs if I could go to the washroom.  She pretty much barked at me that she was my tech and that she was busy and I'd have to either wait, or make the choice to go and then potentially have to get rescheduled.  I couldn't wait anymore so I ended up having to let off what I thought was a tiny amount of pee.

I was shortly thereafter called in to the room by the tech who just reamed me out for asking a question.  I got on the table and she slapped the cold gel on to my stomach and found that my bladder wasn't even half full.  She told me to go empty it and that she would do the ultrasound vaginally.  Had I known that was an option I would have chose that to begin with.  After finishing up with the ultrasound tech that I'd rather never see again, we got to leave the hospital.  On our way out of the hospital, I had to stop about 10 times to catch my breath.  If anyone at the hospital had of paid one bit of attention to me, they should have kept me there.

On the way out of Kamloops, we stopped to pick up something for me to eat.  The only thing I could fathom eating at that point and time was a chicken strip from A&W.  I literally took one bite, which took about 5 minutes to coax down my throat.

We then made our way from Kamloops to Ashcroft, which is an hours drive on a good day.  We landed at the Ashcroft Family Practice (at the hospital) where my family doctor practiced.  I had only saw Dr. Obu two times prior to this visit.  She didn't really know much of my medical history and wasn't aware of this incident yet.

I got into her office pretty much within a few minutes of arriving.  She took one look at me and told me that she thought I needed a blood transfusion because I was as white as the wall (and if you know me, I am normally almost as white as the wall).  She asked me what was  happening, and I explained the whole bleeding situation. She immediately gave me a requisition for blood work for the next morning as the lab was already closed.

She looked in the computer and sure enough the results from my ultrasound this morning were there and indicated that I had a large fibroid again (around 7cm).   She also called the on call gynaecologist while I was in the office.  She booked me an appointment, which was not until the end of July, and asked what type of medication would stop the bleeding.  The gynaecologist had recommended Fibristal, which was a new drug on the market, but should work to shrink the fibroid and stop the bleeding.  She would get her assistant to fax the prescription to my pharmacy in town tomorrow.

On the way home from the Ashcroft hospital, I had called my other neighbour to see if she would pick up a prescription for me in town the next day, which she agreed to do no issues.

That night I was feeling a bit better and was able to keep down a bit of food, get cleaned up and drifted off to sleep.

To be continued...







2 comments:

  1. ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERB MY WIFE WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM FIBROID.
    Is my pleasure to comment on this site and i thank the admin of this site for his/her great work so far.one of the happiest moment in life is when you see your own wife put to bed.this awesome moments makes you a man, I really don't know how to thank DR WILLIAMS for helping my wife get cured for over how many year of suffering from FIBROID. i came across DR Williams contact through a headline news on internet about how DR Williams help a woman to get cured of her fibroid and so many other with myoma and similar body problem ,i contacted him and he told me how to get his herb,few day later he sent me the herbal portion which my wife take every morning for 21 days, and his medicine was able to shrike the fibroid naturally,and now my wife is pregnant for our second child, and now she very mush okay without any side effects whatsoever, If you have fibroid, you can contact him on his email address drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing testimony on how i conceive and also get cure from my fibroid permanently with his natural herbs , i wonder why people still don't believe that roots and herbs are very essential and fruitful in different aspect, especially when you can't conceive and bear children. I am a living witness because I tried all I could to be pregnant but all to no avail, on this faithful day, i decided to check the net for updates on healthy living and i came across testimonies of lot of women who Dr Onokun has helped with his native herbs to conceive. i decided to put a try because this has been my greatest problem in life so I emailed Dr Onokun, and he told me what to do which i did, after which he sent me some roots and herbs syrup and gave me step by step guild lines on how and when to have sex with my man. I missed my menstrual flow within a short period of taking it, and the doctor confirmed that I am pregnant. I am very glad to tell the world that I just put to bed a bouncing baby boy last week. Contact Dr Onokun for your own testimony on: Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com Or WhatsApp: +2349064844957

    ReplyDelete